For Educators & Adult Allies
As an educator or adult ally, you play a very important role in your students’ lives. All too often, your relationship goes beyond lesson plans, and students end up relying on you as their confidant, mentor, and role model. Your girl students may begin to experience puberty and have questions about sex with you as their chief support. First periods while at school, emotional ups and downs, and many questions occur during school hours.
How can you provide them the support and information they need?
Because students come from all different types of families, it may be that they are well-prepared for these changes or that they have no information at all. Typically, these topics are not openly discussed in faith-based and ethnic communities. Below Your Belt Conversations is for you. Here, you will find information, resources, and tools you will need to provide support. Grab a pen and a notebook, your laptop and a cup of coffee, and equip yourself to be that resource for your students.
- Feb 6, 2018 Your Guide to Puberty, Menstruation & More
- Jan 25, 2018 Puberty, Sex & More: Tools for Educators to Start the Conversation
- Jan 25, 2018 Growing Up and Hard Conversations
- Jan 25, 2018 Talking to Kids about Sexual Violence
- Health & Infections
- Other Pelvic Functions
- Personal Story
Puberty & Menstruation
- Jan 25, 2018 The Process of Menstruation
Resources & Products
- Jan 25, 2018 Some of Our Favorite Websites
- Self Care