HEART Women & Girls promotes sexual health and sexual violence awareness in Muslim communities through health education, advocacy, research and training.
We work toward a world where:
- Individuals are valued for their character and personhood, rather than their body type, skin color, or what they choose to wear
- Individuals are free of guilt, shame, oppression, and violence, so that they are able to make informed and empowered decisions about their sexual health that aligns with their values
- Gender equity is celebrated, consent and boundaries are honored, and space is made for those in need of support and resources.
After 15 years of research and patient advocacy as Women’s Health Foundation, To Know Is To Know was created in 2016 to continue providing pelvic health education and resources with a focus on adolescents and intergenerational relationships. TKTK aims to eliminate pelvic health disparities and enable all Girls+ to achieve their potential without the limitations of painful, embarrassing, and costly conditions like endometriosis, fibroids, PCOS, bladder leakage, and chronic constipation. Our multi-award-winning book for girls 10-14 entitled Below Your Belt: How to be Queen of Your Pelvic Region forms the cornerstone of our current work.
This collaboration is made possible by a generous grant from the Chicago Foundation for Women whose mission is to improve the lives of women and girls through grants, advocacy, leadership development, and public and grantee education. Since 1985, CFW has given more than 3,000 grants totaling over $20 million and helped thousands of women and girls become philanthropists. Their "chief belief" is that when women and girls are secure, whole communities are made better.
- Feb 6, 2018 Your Guide to Puberty, Menstruation & More
- Jan 25, 2018 Puberty, Sex & More: Tools for Educators to Start the Conversation
- Jan 25, 2018 Growing Up and Hard Conversations
- Jan 25, 2018 Talking to Kids about Sexual Violence
- Health & Infections
- Other Pelvic Functions
- Personal Story
Puberty & Menstruation
- Jan 25, 2018 The Process of Menstruation
Resources & Products
- Jan 25, 2018 Some of Our Favorite Websites
- Self Care